Background: By following these instructions you can add your Hotmail or Live account(s) to Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. Hotmail and Live accounts require the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector to work with Outlook. Instructions on how to download the connector are included.
1. Download the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector located on the Microsoft Download Center here:
2. Accept the download when your web browser asks you to save the file. Save the file in a place you will easily remember, such as your Desktop.
3. Open the file you just downloaded and click run.
4. Accept the terms and click Install.
5. When the process is complete click Finish.
6. Launch Microsoft Outlook 2010
7. Press Yes when asked if you would like to add a Hotmail Account.
8. Type in your name, email address (including @hotmail.com or @live.com, and your password. Click OK to go to your Hotmail or Live inbox.
9. Congratulations your Hotmail email is now configured in your Microsoft Office Outlook application.