Summary: This article explains how to create a portable Xbox 360 Gamer Profile (Gamertag). Using a portable Gamer Profile
(Gamertag) eliminates the need to recover your profile on each Xbox 360 system used.
What you will need:
A portable USB storage device at least 1 GB in size.
1. Turn on your Xbox 360 that currently has your gamer profile stored on it.
2. Press the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the Xbox Guide
3. Navigate to the Settings menu
4. Select System Settings and then Memory
5. Select the USB Storage Device and then Configure Now transfer your XBOX 360 Live Gamertag to a portable USB drive.
6. After your device is configured you will receive the following message
7. Select Hard Drive
8. Select Gamer Profiles and press Y (Transfer Content) to initiate a transfer
9. Choose the destination device for your Gamer Profile
10. On the Transfer Content screen select Gamer Profiles
11. Select the profile you wish to transfer and then press B
12. Press Start (on the right hand side) to complete the transfer
13. After the transfer is finished you will see the following message
14. Now you have a portable gamertag which can be used on any Xbox without having to recover.